Why attend CHAINS?
With more than 1500 delegates, CHAINS offers you the ultimate opportunity to meet the Dutch chemical research communities, expand your network, and get an overview of recent scientific breakthroughs and ‘hot topics’ within chemistry and the innovative Dutch chemical sector. It is the event where chemists (PhD students and postdocs to professors and R&D scientists) from academia and industry come together. You will meet and get inspired by renowned chemists from the Netherlands and abroad.
We are proud to announce that the following plenary speakers have confirmed:
Prof. Kevin Plaxco (UC Santa Barbara)
Prof. Paula Hammond (MIT)
Prof. Jason Chin (University of Cambridge)
Prof. Bert Weckhuysen (University of Utrecht)
This edition of CHAINS
• Propose inspiring focus sessions: The Dutch chemistry community can propose hot topics for focus sessions. Focus sessions will be included on all three days of the conference. Nominations can be submitted until the deadline of 15 May 2018.
• Nominations for parallel sessions: Nominations for speakers (PhD students/postdocs) can be submitted until the deadline of 19 August 2018.
• After dinner lecture on 4 December.
The Programme Committee will send more details about the nomination procedures to all project leaders by the end of March.
• 3 December: the programme’s sessions will focus on ‘Chemistry of Life’
• 4 December: this day includes sessions on ‘Chemistry of Life’, ‘Chemistry of Materials’ and ‘Chemical Conversion’ as well as activities of interest to all chemists
• 5 December: the sessions will focus on ‘Chemistry of Materials’ and ‘Chemical Conversion’
Young researchers have the opportunity to present their research in parallel and several focus and poster sessions. Activities related to similar themes will be clustered at the location, to promote easy encounters with sub-communities. The programme contains next to parallel and focus sessions, lectures from renowned plenary speakers plus various opportunities for networking and broadening your knowledge.
CHAINS is organised by NWO in cooperation with our partners KNCV, VNCI, Holland Chemistry and InnovatieLink. Further information about CHAINS 2018 will become available on our website www.nwochains.nl and via our newsletter Dutch Chemistry News.